HTC - Quality | Prices | Service | Experience
How HandtoCAD Services Uses SolidWorks 2020
If you’re a regular reader of our blog, then you know our engineering staff here at CAD/CAM Services are big fans of SolidWorks. Did you know that SOLIDWORKS 2020 is the 24th annual release of this great software product? It delivers CAD (MCAD, ECAD), simulation, data management and collaboration tools that we use daily to provide finished jobs to our clients and customers. We like SolidWorks, because they are so response to user feedback. In fact, they tell us that 90 percent of their software enhancements are driven by user feedback, like ours.
Thank you, SolidWorks! With more than 250 new features and enhancements in CAD alone and a total of 520 new enhancements spread across all products, SolidWorks keeps even seasoned users like our engineers pleasantly surprised at the improvements in day-to-day productivity. Great for us in improving response time to our clients! We especially like the core CAD enhancements such as variable Chamfer, super features that convert Chamfer to a Fillet for flexible modeling, advanced hole, enhancements to import mesh files, wrap feature, offset surface, and better placement of components while mating.
HandtoCAD Services 2D, 3D Work
While we haven’t quite seen the delivery of 5X performance over SolidWorks 2016, it’s darn close (and we’re still getting comfortable with the new tools, so expect that to improve.) Magnetic mates with speedpack enhancements makes it fast and easy to manage large modular assemblies, something that we work on a lot for the Aerospace Industry. Our SolidWorks Applications Over the past few years, our company has moved steadily into more 3D work and less 2D work (although to be absolutely accurate, we still get our fair share of 2D requests).
3D Data has many uses in our digital world and 3D models provide much more information than 2D drawings. Here is a list of some of the applications where we use SolidWorks: Re-Engineering/Design Inspection/Analysis Replication/Reproduction Visualization/Animation Sometimes, we combine these 3D CAD applications with 3D Scanning.
By scanning an object or part that exists in the real world, you have the original “real” object and you have a virtual model that you can use for archiving, redesign, retrofitting and any number of other activities.
3D Data, Products and Designs
Today, many industries prefer 3D data archival for parts, products and designs. Here are some of the industries we work with: t: Aerospace/Defense Industrial Design Facilities Management Manufacturing Architecture/Construction CAD/CAM and SolidWorks 2020 move into the new year dedicated to working with existing clients and new clients to scan, convert and/or model their parts, products and designs.
By using SolidWorks, we help companies: Add emerging technologies, into designs Gain greater design insights that lead to breakthrough products Turn new ideas into finished products in less time Unlock any 3D model to work with SOLIDWORKS Get design data under control
- 1.How to Choose the Best Drafter
- 2.2d to 3d Conversions
- 3.5 Drawing Principles
- 4.How to Convert Paper Drawings for CAD
- 5.The Necessity of CAD Today
- 6.Why CAD Supercedes Hand Drawings?
- 7.Scanning and CAD Conversion – Still Needed After All These Years!
- 8.How Smart Engineering Firms Use CAD Outsourcing
- 9.The Risks of Off-Shore CAD Conversion
- 10.Why Quality Control is Important in CAD Conversion
- 11.The Truth about Off-Shore CAD Data Capture and Conversion
- 12.Why Choose HandToCAD Services
- 13.CAD Conversion for Small Jobs
- 14.CAD Conversion Importance and Hand to CAD Services
- 15.How to Choose a CAD Conversion Outsource
- 16.CAD Conversion and the Importance of QC
- 17.Paper to CAD Conversion and More
- 18.8 Reasons Why You Should Convert Paper Drawings to CAD
- 19.5 Risks to Consider Before Sending CAD Conversion Work Overseas
- 20.Pros and Cons of Outsourcing
- 21.Why Choose Us?
- 22.How to Make PLM Easy
- 23.NDT and 3D CAD Model Visualization
- 24.How HandtoCAD Services Uses SolidWorks 2017
- 25.Hand to CAD Bulk Document Scanning Service
- 26.Going Paperless
- 27.Advantages of Computer Aided Design
Raleigh, NC 27613 USA